Throughout our journey so far, we have often thought about the parallels of this adoption of our little boy(s) from Ethiopia to our own adoption by our Heavenly Father. Adoption is not unknown to us because we have already experienced it. We have been welcomed into an eternal relationship with God because of the adoption process that He created and carried out for us. God paid the ultimate adoption fee. In a way that I can't even imagine. He sent His One and Only Son to die for us. He made the greatest sacrifice for my adoption. Kinda makes our $30,000 fee seem like not so much anymore!
The thing that just absolutely and totally blows my mind, though, is that there will be a day where I am welcomed into an eternity with Him. I will have lived my life as an imperfect sinner. Yet, I will stand before God and hear Him say, "You are worth it." Knowing that I have screwed up along the way and knowing that His precious Son was murdered for me, I will still hear Him say that I was worth it. Such an incredible adoption journey that is!
Brian and I have been working to complete our online training for intercountry adoption. We talked last night about having read that with the way adoptions are processed in Ethiopia, our child will become a United States citizen upon touching American soil for the first time. There will be a moment that specific when he becomes a citizen of our great country. He will become our son at an earlier court appointment while still in Ethiopia. There will be lots of moments along the way where milestones are reached in this process.
We will see his face for the first time when we receive our initial referral information. We will get to hold him in our arms during our first trip to Ethiopia for our court appointment. We will get to prepare his bed, his car seat, etc. while waiting to travel back for our Embassy appointment. His big sisters have already talked about making shirts to wear to the airport to pick him up, and Bailey has already asked if she can be the first to hold him when we arrive. He will enter the front door of our home for the first time and never know life without a home again.
There will be lots of those "moments" along the way where we can pause and say, "You are worth it!" Gonna write about some more of those moments in the next post ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.