Waiting is really an odd place to be. We are filled with excitement and anticipation of what is to come, yet we guard ourselves because of not knowing how long this waiting part of the journey may take or where it may lead us. We are ready if we were to get the call tomorrow, yet we are also content in waiting as long as it takes. It helps to find peace and contentment in this process knowing that we are not the ones in control of this journey. We trust and we wait. By trusting, we wait well.
Part of waiting well, however, still includes lots of thoughts about the woman who will be our child's birthmother and of that little child himself. We find ourselves wondering and questioning ... who, where, when, why. Tonight, I have soaked up this particular version of Psalm 139:13-16 and have found much comfort in it.
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
Waiting is a part of our journey here. There is so much that goes on, while we are waiting. Don't miss it. ;-) Waiting well is truly a gift from God. I am thankful for your waiting on God and His timing and for doing it well. Sometimes we think God is late in His answer, but actually He is never late and He is never early, He is always right on time.
ReplyDelete