Once our eyes are opened we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts, and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible to act.
Proverbs 24:12

fam pic

fam pic

Monday, April 18, 2011

I've Always Loved You

To kick off our celebration of our 15th wedding anniversary, Brian and I had a date night last night to see Third Day in Macon. Not only have I been a big fan for years now, but Mac Powell shared their adoption story at Catalyst 2009. It was early 2010 when I watched it on YouTube as God was gently nudging us on this journey. So, in a small way, their story is a part of our story.

One of my favorite Third Day songs is I've Always Loved You. As a matter of fact, it's the ringtone I have set for Brian when he calls me. It's a song about God's love for us, but I also like to think about it being the love Brian has for me because our relationship and marriage were ordained long before we even existed here on earth.

Well, it now has a new meaning to me as well. As has been the case more and more frequently lately, I can't help but think about the woman who will be our child's birthmother. As Third Day sang this song last night, I was overwhelmed by thoughts of her and of our connection to her now even though we have no idea who she even is. This is not a kind of love where we simply feel thankful for her. It's loving her no matter who she is or where she comes from or what she has gone through. It's loving her now and in the years to come. It's loving her in a way that is real, although I can't say now what that might actually look like.

I will blog again soon about more of our thoughts about birthmothers because our eyes have certainly been opened in a whole new way because of them. For now, here's the song that I have referenced. A reminder that no matter what, we have a Heavenly Father who knew us before we were born and who has loved us all along ...



1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.