Once our eyes are opened we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts, and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible to act.
Proverbs 24:12

fam pic

fam pic

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Here we go!

We are officially at the beginning of a new journey! So many thoughts and stories and prayers have led us to this starting point, and we would love to share them here. There will certainly be more to talk about as our adventure gets underway, and we are excited about inviting all of you on this ride with us.

So where are we going?

Ethiopia!

After several months of wrestling with a calling and seeking God's clarity on exactly what it is He is asking us to do, we are beginning the process to adopt from Ethiopia! Our prayer at this time is to adopt an infant boy, possibly two. There are many unknowns ahead of us, but we know for certain that God will place people along our path to lead us to our little one in Africa. If you are reading this blog, you are one of them! We thank you for your prayers and ask you to check with us along the way as we face specific prayer requests.

This is going to be a fun ride, so here we go!

3 comments:

  1. First off I would like to say I LOVE your verse up top, how perfect! God is going to bless you and your family in so many ways b/c you are "acting on what He has laid on your hearts". I couldn't think of a better family for a child to be raised in. Once again Julie as a stay at home mom of 5 and homeschooling you are Super Mom!! But the cool thing is that I know you and your family rely on His strength through it all. We love you and we will be praying for your family and future son/sons :) Thank you for blogging I can't wait to read and hear what God is up to!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is warm thinking about another grandchild. The girls bring such joy to my life and I know new baby Jarrard will add to that joy. He will be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys!

    I know I'm new to Longleaf and don't know you all that well, but I wanted to let you know how happy and excited I am for you. (I found your blog by way of Jeffery's). Adoption has been a passion of mine since I was a teenager. I've been privileged to walk along with 2 other sets of friends of mine as they adopted (One from Russia; one here), and I've had the State of Georgia's training class for adoption/foster parent instructors. I'm not a social worker and can't officially do homestudies or paperwork, but I know the process. I know the lingo, and I'm at least vaguely familiar with most of the agencies in the state who could do the paperwork. What I'm trying to say is I'd be glad to help in any way I can. Anything from being a sounding board, to answering questions, loaning books (I have several on adoption), whatever you need. My other pet interest is attachment and bonding so I can talk about that too if you want.

    Julie, I friended you on Facebook so we'll have a way to get in touch.

    Love and prayers,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.